Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Washi in your planner

Hello hello beautifuls! 

After watching a video by the talented Christy Tomlinson, I decided to give her washi bookmarks a try. 
As some of you all know, I love making pocket letters! Well the beautiful girls that I've swapped with have sent me washi samples as part of the goodies. This is only part of the samples I've received. In an effort to keep them from getting lost and all in one place, I gave them a home in my planner. 

                            

I keep the ones that come in the embroidery thread holders in a ring as shown here. 
Nice little tip I picked up from my very good friend Brianna

                          

Now, for the "washi bookmark":  I took a piece of card stock and cut it up to fit the size of my planner.  You can size it to your preference.  I made mine 8.5 x  2.5 inches. Then I laminated each piece. Finally, simply wrap the samples around your new diy bookmark. 

                              
To add them to your planner, just hole punch. I used my green Cropadile that punches easily through paper that has been laminated. An extra little step that I took from Christy's videos is to made a triangle cut as shown below. This way you can easily just remove the washis when decorating your pages. 

                             

And here's how they look in my diy planner! I added a couple of my favorite washis that coordinate with the other samples. 







Hope you all enjoyed my post today! Thank you for stopping by! I'm very new to planning but it is quickly becoming another beautiful craft to practice! 

Huge Hugs,

Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik